Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unexpected but Pleasant Find

Sometimes I visit familiar locations of fishes to see for myself how the fish populations are like during different seasons. Today was one of those days, it had been raining a lot the last several days and isnt the best time for sampling. Kenneth and Mixrayon joined me today for an OJT trip somewhere in the wetlands of Matang. I wanted to show them several spots but mostly to collect a few more samples of fishes from these area. It was already late in the evening and throughout the day we were in between afternoon showers and the sun. The 3 of us were netting and suddenly we caught a few Glassfish. it was unusual as I have never seen them in that area. I'll try to get some photos up soon. I am not sure if they are Chanda Ranga as there are several different species of Chanda around.

No comments:

Post a Comment